Saturday 1 September 2012

1st September 2012

Goa 2012





 
Hi People, am finally here with my blog :) Yeah yeah I know the phrase 'my blog' sounds so self obsessed, but as a matter of fact it is indeed one of those typical ' I, me , myself" stuff.

The point is: why would you like to participate in it, so here is my solid reasoning...that we all (i really mean we all) are fundamentally very similar and hence some of my feelings would match yours too :)

Its got nothing to do with the intellectual debates, profound topics, complex vocabulary and fundas about a 'suc(k)ssf(oo)l' life. And yes absolutely nothing to do with the fake smiles on the facebook walls trying to prove (mostly to my own self) that my life perfect......but the good news is that I will be simply sharing things that made me happy or unhappy and then would try to get to get the essence of what really a fulfilled life shall comprise of!

By God's grace life has been pretty much smooth, a loving joint family, a small town roots, elite College, MBA from an average institute, 2 years work ex of hard work in sales, and now with a MNC  in a humble pay (technically nothing to be proud of , nothing to be ashamed of, but loadsa stuff to be thankful for). But this shit thing known as 'peer pressure' always pushes me to think that is all good with my life or not? am I successful or not? In a world brought so close together through Facebook you have too many things to compare your self with....a chick friend of yours traveling overseas now and then, another slutty girl happily married to a sober man, your school friend who was really really inferior to you in terms of grade fairing way better than you in professional life, people talking about being politician and cracking UPSC!!!!! Am I really asking for too little in life? Or I deserve too little...but the point is that do I really have too little?

Diverging from my point of 'too little', will tell you about my two experiences yesterday:

1.     I was late to office (as usual), my office being on 9th floor I suddenly rushed into the lift on ground floor and quickly pressed on 9. And then enters a gentleman standing on the way of the lift door waiting for some one else to enter, obviously that enraged me!! ' WTF!! Saala apni girl friend ke liye lift rook raha hai!! I am already late to office, dont wanna be thrashed by my new boss'....and then around a minute latter I see another gentleman walk in (the one for whom the lift was waiting) and I suddenly realize that my eyes are flooding with tears (for the melodrama queen I am). The man who entered latter was disabled, both his legs did not function, his crutches were the only support for him to walk. The guy did not look as if he was seeking any sympathy, with his Tupperware Tiffin bag attached in one of his crutches he walked in the lift, the man latter got down on JP Morgan (he works with one of the top investment banks)!! How quick was I to get angry on that man who stopped the lift just for a minute!! The specially abled guy just made me realize that how ungrateful I have been for my blessings.....As I walk into the office everyday, a huge mirror on the entrance always makes me wonder how fat I am, funny thing is that the same mirror also reflects that I am blessed with fully functional limbs which I never notice!
2.    On a casual conversation with one of my new colleagues,  her introduction contained some thing unusual: 'we are a family of 5....errr...actually now we are a family of 4...(little more silence)...I lost of my sister few months back' . latter on with much hesitation I managed to ask her about her late sister just to realize that my very own sister had same disease because of which we almost lost her!! And today she is there with us, a kid who just doesn't stop talking like a chirpy bird on the phone :) In all this hustle bustle of life we often tend to forget the miracles of our own life (trust me on this one)

Now coming back to the point of  'too little' , I think this term is too subjective and very difficult to be quantified. But one thing is for sure that it all depends on the benchmark, you can always benchmark your life's measure on people around who have a seemingly (superficially) fulfilled life or measure your life on your very own good and bad experiences.

It is pretty much possible that the people whom I referred to be as 'seemingly' happy might be really having a perfect life, but the truth is ITS THEIR LIFE BUDDY!! Your life has its very own, very unique permutations and combinations  and the only person who can solve this math is YOU!!

So despite of getting bogged down by the pressure of doing better everyday, earning better everyday, looking better everyday , I decide to take a break today (after 5 days of hard work the weekend was precisely made to thank Him and relax) and thank Lord for beautiful things of my life :)

Have a Great weekend Guys!! Relax and Chillax!! 


2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Swapsi !!! Loved your description of the 'suc(k)ssf(oo)l' life...I think we really are running like headless chickens to a place called no where...loved the article...great going :)

    Cheers,
    Ruchi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swap......a good one...from myside it deserves a hard clap.... your narrative or you can say your description about our sorry yours life makes me jealous, why does god make me less competitive...

    keep running waiting for your next one

    ReplyDelete